Monday, July 07, 2008

Nice weekend with family!


Yesterday, we spent some time at Grandma & Grandpa's house. Rob finished packing up for the World Show and got home at a decent hour. It was so nice to be able to spend longer than 30minutes with him. The girls definitely missed him. He spent most of the time reaquainting himself to life in the real world. My mom cooked some baby back ribs and brisket for Rob in celebration for his birthday and the fact that he missed out on the 4th of July with our family. My mom tried to get something for me to eat which turned out to be chicken meat cut in the shape of "fajitas". It was nice of her just not what I was expecting when she told me. Oh well some day I'll learn.

Grandpa took the girls out for a swim in the backyard while I went to take some pictures to Walgreens to be developed. Rob decided to go with me. We dropped off the waterproof disposable camera and then headed to WalMart to get Rob some lunch stuff for work for this week. (I know exciting, right?)

Here are a few of the photos that I picked up from Walgreens. I took the girls down to Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glenrose on Saturday. Our goal was just to have a good time and play in the river. We ended up staying for four hours. We left at 8pm. It was a gorgeous day to play. The water was a little too warm to be refreshing but it was still a fun time. Miss F enjoyed playing in the river, swimming, exploring, etc. We saw a snake swimming across the river. It was pretty cool. There were of course a couple of turtles, frogs and many minnows.

Miss V's favorite thing to do was throw rocks. 1,2,5 go! or Ready! Set! GO! and then she'd throw a rock or two. The most difficult thing about going to this particular part of the river is getting down and up from it especially when you are the pack mule and also responsible for the safety of your children. :) We managed and all came back in one piece.


See? I told you we made it back up! Now we are walking back to the car. See that little white dot in the background. That's our car. It was definitely a fun little trip and would be even more fun to camp out there sometime.
Next post I'll try and post something knitting related as I haven't posted pictures of any of my socks or recent projects.

No comments: