Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Last day of summer

Well for the most part today is officially the last day of summer for my oldest daughter. She starts back to school tomorrow. She'll be in second grade. It's quite unbelievable that she is old enough to be a second grader. I hope that she'll have a wonderful year full of challenges, learning and new friends.


Life around here will be quieter but only as much as a one year old and two year old will allow it to be. I'm anxious for the cooler weather of fall to arrive. I know I'll probably have to wait till late October to feel it. Luckily this past week the weather has been cooler and only in the high eighties to mid-nineties. It's been more bearable than the 106F temperatures we've had this entire month.

I've been working on some of my knitting for the Ravelympics. I have been working on the Endpaper mitts designed by Eunny Jang. I was making good progress until miss v decided to get a hold of them and rip out all the needles and pull some of the yarn. I was really upset to find this discovery and I haven't sat down yet to try to correct it. Here is what it looked like in the early stages:


I had made it through the 3 repeats and had moved on to the second chart. I was finally working out a rhythm and then a 2 year old happened. Oh well. It will be fixed. Hopefully before the Olympics is over so I can say that I at the very least finished.

Fundraising and training has been going well for the Breast Cancer 3 Day walk. I have met my first personal goal of $3,000 which would not have been possible without the help of my family and friends. I'm going to try for $5,000 but if I don't make it, I'll be happy with what we've done. Tuesday through Saturday last week I walked 31 miles. It felt good and I only wish that my body would take a notice of all the working it's done and drop the extra pounds I'm carrying around.

Chris and I will be doing a fundraiser this weekend at the grocery store near my house to try to get her to the $2,200 mark. This is the minimum amount that you have to raise in order to walk. She only has $550 more to go. I think we'll easily be able to reach that by October. I've been training with her since March and I can't imagine going through the walk without her. Failure is not an option. She will walk. We will raise $550 so that she can walk.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Oh no, your poor mitt! Here's to a speedy recovery.